An ideal combination of wireless LAN and Powerline
By combining the latest powerline technology with wireless LAN, the FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Set is the perfect way to expand your existing network. FRITZ!Powerline connects your devices via WiFi and extends the radio network of the FRITZ!Box over the electrical wiring in no time. You can enjoy multimedia applications without a cable connection in your home network and surf flexibly with PC, tablet and smartphone.
Mesh WiFi with FRITZ!
The FRITZ!Powerline 1240E supports Mesh WiFi, meaning your videos, music and photos seamlessly reach every corner of your home, apartment or office. How does it work? The FRITZ! devices work together as part of a single network, communicating with each other andoptimizing your devices and network usage.
With Mesh networking you can enjoy high speeds while surfing, streaming or gaming. Instead of waiting for breathtaking HD television and your favorite music, your media will wait for you.
Higher transmission rates via the power outlet
Thanks to FRITZ!Powerline 1240 Set, every outlet in your household becomes a potential high-speed network port. You can send your data over the electrical wiring throughout your home network securely and at gigabit speed.
Increased range for the network
The advanced powerline technology not only provides for higher transmission speeds but also offers greater range. Outlets on the margins of the reception area especially benefit from the high, stable transmission power.
FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Set connects your home network components to powerful gigabit LAN. Aside from PC, smartphone, printer, gaming console and stereo, sophisticated broadband applications like network storage, Internet TV and 3D and 4K video streaming also benefit from the fast broadband connections. Even devices without a cable connection have access to the network via wireless LAN.
Easy and full of options
Plug in the securely encrypted devices and they’re ready for operation at the push of a button. You can integrate additional FRITZ!Powerline adapters and network devices into your home network the same way. Over the browser interface you can update your powerline devices and adjust settings for LAN, WiFi, Powerline and convenience features such as the wireless LAN timer or the guest access.
Flexible thanks to downward compatibility
Of course, FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Set is downward compatible with adapters of older standards. You can even use the powerline device with 200 Mbit/s or 500 Mbit/s models to expand the boundaries of your home network.
More power – less consumption
FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Set is more powerful than previous FRITZ!Powerline models, but still offers low power consumption.
- Expands the home network using your home’s wiring
- Operation at every outlet without any software installation
- Up to 1200 Mbit/s powerline data throughput and solid connections over great distances in the network (according to the powerline standard HomePlug AV2)
- Networks the FRITZ!Box, computers, printers, TV, sound system, Blu-ray players, game consoles, media players and other network devices over gigabit Ethernet
- Quality of Service: Data prioritization for video transmission and Internet telephony free of interference
- Supports multicast sessions using IGMP
- Encrypted securely upon delivery: 128-bit AES during connection and data transmission
- Compatible with powerline adapters supporting rates of 1200, 600, 500 and 200 Mbit/s and the IEEE P1901 and HomePlug AV2 standard, coexistence with older powerline adapters
- Supports the IPv6 web protocol
- Status display with 3 LEDs
- Convenient multifunctional button to connect powerline securely and wireless devices connection via WPS
- Own web-based user interface for easy configuration, operation and maintenance
- Optimum FRITZ!Box integration including secure access to the user interface and central update function (FRITZ!OS 6.35 or higher)
- Expanded functions with the FRITZ!Powerline software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- Wireless access point compliant with IEEE 802.11n (300 Mbit/s), g (54 Mbit/s) and b (11 Mbit/s) in the 2.4-GHz frequency band
- With Mesh WiFi you can combine several wireless access points into one intelligent system (FRITZ!OS 6.90 and later) Find out more at en.avm.de/mesh
- Connects PC, tablet, smartphone, printer and other network devices wirelessly
- Maximum wireless LAN security with WPA2 (802.11i), simple configuration with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) at the touch of a button
- Expands the wireless network of your FRITZ!Box via powerline
- Repeater function to increase the router’s wireless LAN range without powerline bridge
Ports and Interfaces
- Outlet for type type F plug (Schuko, CEE 7/4)
- Wireless LAN at up to 300 Mbit/s (2.4 GHz) for connecting PC, tablet, smartphone, printer and other network devices
- 1 x gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Base-T, RJ45 port) for LAN connection to Smart TV, Set-top box, Blu-ray, NAS, sound system, gaming consoles and others to the FRITZ!Box and the Internet
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 67 x 114 x 27 mm
- Weight: 140 g
- Supply voltage: 230 V~, 50 Hz
- FRITZ!Powerline 1240E
- FRITZ!Powerline 1000E
- 2 x 1.80 m network cable
- Quick guide
- 20002755 (Set)