FMS 1800mm Ranger PNP with Reflex V2-Gyro Stabilistation
The FMS Ranger has quickly become well known amongst R/C pilots- Beginners love it for the simple assembly as well as its stable and predictable handling characteristics while experts love the Ranger as a weekend flyer with mild aerobatic capabilities.
So what could be better than the 1200mm Ranger? Well, a 50% larger 1800mm Ranger, of course! While quite a bit bigger, the 1800mm Ranger is still true to its roots- take off within 10ft and cruise at 1/3 throttle with the flaps down- STOL is in its DNA.
With a patented spring-cushioned nose gear and robust metal main landing gears, the 1800mm Ranger will absorb just about any landing impact. The durable, oversized wheels are designed specifically for rough field operations. With landing lights, nav lights and strobes, the 1800mm Ranger is realistic and could fly well into the dusk. Optional floats add to the all-terrain fun of the Ranger.
Build the 1800mm Ranger in as little as 3 minutes (for experienced pilots) – the screw-together assembly is very straight-forward and easy to put together.
Want to supersize your experience? The 1800mm Ranger is the right way to start!
- Now with 3-Axis Reflex V2 Gyro Stabilization System!
- Power: Brushless 3541-750KV outrunner provides ample power, while the high quality 45A ESC has the output to match.
- CNC metal landing gear absorbs even the hardest landings
- Oversized wheels for all-terrain operations
- STOL capable flight characteristics and excellent low speed handling
- Realistic light set- Navigation lights, landing lights and strobes
- Screw-together assembly
- Optional floats
- Functional flaps
Reflex V2 can be reprogrammed easily with different model files via a simple software-allowing pilots to use the same flight control unit as they progress to different aircraft. Flying is simple when you have your very own “co-pilot”- the Reflex V2!
Reflex V2 System Overview:
- The V2 in now a user-upgradeable flight controller (download PC software here)
- Utilizes a high-speed 32-bit ARM processor onboard.
- Sensors: Solid-state 3 axis gyro and 3 axis accelerometer.
- Automatically recognizes SBUS/PPM/PWM systems, compatible with all radio systems with 4 channels or above.
- Easy operation: the Reflex system is programmed specifically for the aircraft it is connected to. No further programming is needed. The user only needs to connect their receiver to the gyro and setup the aircraft normally.
3 Reflex Flight Mode Functions:
- Stabilized (1), Optimized (2) or Off (3). This is controlled with a 2 or 3 position switch on the transmitter. When assigned to a 2 position switch, the Reflex system switches between stabilized and optimized modes.
- If the transmitter does not have adequate auxiliary channels, the included jumper should be used to change the control mode of the Reflex system.
Reflex Stabilized mode:
Designed for beginners, Reflex will rapidly level the aircraft from any attitude when this mode is activated. Stabilized mode combines accelerometer and gyro data to determine how to level the aircraft when the control sticks are released giving pilots absolute peace of mind.
Turns off all gyro functionality, the aircraft is flown completely manually when the gyro is off.
Reflex Optimized Mode:
Utilizing advanced solid-state gyros, the Reflex system maintains aircraft attitude by counteracting inflight upsets- from gusts to crosswinds. With Reflex, even small aircraft will fly with the confidence of something much larger!
- Wingspan: 1800mm
- Length: 1335mm
- Wing Load: 47.8g/dm2
- Wing Area: 45.6dm2
- Flying Weight: Aprox. 2180g
- Motor: Brushless 3541-KB750 Outrunner
- ESB: BL 45A
- Servos: 6x 17g
- Rec. Radio: 6CH
- Center of Gravity: 75-85mm
- Prop: 2-Blade 12×7.5
- Rec. battery: 4S LiPo 3300-4000mAh 35C (XT60 connector)
- Aileron: Yes
- Elevator: Yes
- Rudder: Yes
- Flaps: Yes
- Retracts: No
- Flying Time: Aprox. 5 minutes
- Experience Level: 14+ Intermediate/Beginner