Ultimate Ground Clearance
The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is equipped right out of the box with Traxxas’ game-changing portal axle set. Portal axles lift the truck at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles (and not get stuck), your tires would have to be over an inch taller than the TRX-4’s tires. Straddling boulders with ease, the TRX-4 chassis definitely takes the path less travelled and simply leaves all the others behind.
Torque Twist Eliminated
The portal axles use gear reduction right at the wheels that dramatically reduces undesirable torque twist. Total axle gear reduction is over twice non-portal designs. The Titan 550 motor torque is translated into straight, powerful, forward motion, rather than wasted energy twisting your rig right off the rocks.
Portal axle geometry raises the axle link mounts and center driveshaft, greatly reducing critical driveshaft and suspension link angles. This means less strain on the driveshafts, and the higher suspension links provide greater clearance with less scraping and dragging across the rocks. The steering drag link and tie rod are also raised up and out of harm’s way.
Rigid Steel Frame
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone that lets the suspension do the work it was designed to do. You’ll feel the difference on trails where the elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
Remote Locking Differentials
Traxxas gives you the versatility to lock and unlock the front and rear differentials to suit your driving needs directly from your transmitter. Leave the differentials unlocked for relaxed driving on the trail with smooth, tight turning and better handling at high speeds. When the trail gets technical, lock the front and rear differentials, or just the front, for superior grip over extreme terrain. Our patented design has been proven rugged and capable in the Traxxas Summit. New sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting the huge suspension articulation.
45° Steering Angle
Traditional crawlers sacrifice turning radius for traction. The TRX-4’s remote locking differentials disengage to take full advantage of its superior 45 degree steering angle. Once you clear the obstacle, re-engage the differentials for ultimate traction.
Hi/Low Range Transmission
When the going gets tough, use your transmitter to shift into low range for incredible 4-wheel drive pulling torque. Shift into high range for blasting down the trail. The plush suspension design absorbs rough terrain with ease and delivers outstanding scale appearance. Unmatched versatility makes the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler adaptable to just about any situation or driving style.
Metal Gear Digital Servo
A new full-metal gear digital servo gives you the durability and steering authority you need to confidently and reliably power through tough situations.
Traxxas was the first to bring you fully waterproof RC vehicles years ago with our innovative designs. The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is fully waterproof for how you like to really play, not “splash resistant.” There is a big difference. Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
The TRX-4 Trail and Scale is being shown with the legendary Land Rover Defender body, complete with exciting scale details for an authentic 4-wheelin’ experience. We’ve included a functional spare wheel and tire, an off-road jack, and spare fuel canisters. Secure your trail gear in the included roof basket. There’s even a snorkel for taking the waterproof TRX-4 through creek crossings. The rugged bumpers provide clearance and protection and are equipped with recovery D-rings. The front bumper is designed to be compatible with many popular off-road accessories.
The scale details did not stop with the body. We went underneath to install detailed inner fenders that integrate with the scale look of the floor pans and shock towers, keeping rocks, mud, and twigs out of the chassis. The inner fenders are also equipped with pockets to install our optional LED rock light kit (sold separately) to light up the night trail, casting light right where it’s needed. The rock lights make changing a “flat tire” on the trail a breeze! 😉 Integrated rock sliders help protect the body from damage.
The Traxxas TQi radio system is equipped with cruise control for long-distance treks. Set your speed using the transmitter and then use the multi-function knob to fine-tune it faster or slower to precisely match the pace of your caravan of trail explorers. Cruise control makes it easy and comfortable for the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to be your companion for hours of driving fun and exploration.
3S Power System
The new XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability for stronger, more efficient running. New speed control profiles have been added for smooth and precise control. A new Trail profile facilitates smooth driving for most of your adventures, while a new Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Either will help you navigate obstacles with ease, right from the start. Long run times, up to 2 hours, are possible with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!
Canyon Trail 1.9″ Tires
The 1.9″ Canyon Trail tires and tuned foam inserts are super-soft and grippy to deliver superior bite on rocky surfaces with convincing scale realism. The 12 mm steel hex drive makes the TRX-4 chassis compatible with popular 1.9″ wheel and tire combinations.
Leave the tools in the bag! The Traxxas TRX-4 chassis is built to handle the rigors of remote locations and all-day driving fun. The foundation begins with a pair of 1.5 mm thick steel frame rails. Large diameter steel links and heavy-duty, extra-wide rod ends keep the suspension firmly mounted. Hardened steel CV-style half-shaft joints are ultra reliable, while the brushless-ready steel portal axle and transfer case gears are smooth and quiet. Traxxas’ composite materials have been refined over three decades for the ultimate in strength and durability.
Aluminum GTS Shocks
All new oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks were created exclusively for the TRX-4 chassis. These silver-anodized aluminum units deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded shock bodies for easy ride height adjustments. The convincing scale realism looks great and they perform even better with an O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals.
Steep approach angles front and rear allow the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to tackle big obstacles head on. The front motor design biases weight forward for superior climbing ability compared to other designs.
- Length: 586.1 mm
- Front Track: 248.5 mm
- Rear Track: 248.5 mm
- Ground Clearance: 79.74 mm
- Weight: 3.372 kg
- Height: 291.61 mm
- Wheelbase: 324 mm (adjustable)
- Approach Angle: 56.49°
- Departure Angle: 41.67°
- Breakover Angle: 56.97°
- Front Shock Length: 90 mm
- Rear Shock Length: 90 mm
- Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26 mm)
- Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48 mm)
- Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48 mm)
- Hex Size: 12 mm
- Speed Control: XL-5 HV
- Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
- Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Locking
- Gear Pitch: 32P
- Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
- Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
- Brake Type: Electronic “Hill Hold”
- Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
- Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
- Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
- Transmitter: TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
- Receiver: 6533
- Skill Level: 2
- Battery Tray: L158.75 x W47 x H23/26 mm
- Type: High-torque brushed motor
- Size: 550
- Weight: 390 g
- Length: 78 mm overall length, 57 mm can length, 38.9 mm diameter)
- Turns: 21T reverse rotation
- Voltage: 16.8V
- Input Voltage: 6–7 Cells NiMH, 2–3S LiPo
- Case Size: W31 x D55 x H26 mm
- Weight: 74 g
- Motor Limit: 21-turns (550 size)
- On Resistance Forward: 0.004 Ohms
- On Resistance Reverse: 0.004 Ohms
- Peak Current – Forward: 100A
- Peak Current – Reverse: 100A
- Braking Current: 60A
- Continuous Current: 18A
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
- BEC Current: 1A
- Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 127 mm
- Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 127 mm
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- PWM Frequency: 1700Hz
- Low Voltage Detection (LVD): 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
- Thermal Protection: Thermal Shutdown
- Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
- Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
- Training Mode:* 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
- Trail Mode: 100% FWD, 100% Brake, 100% REV, Trail-Tuned Brake on Neutral
- Crawl Model: 100% FWD, 100% Instant REV, 100% Brake on Neutral
What’s In The Box:
- TRX-4, Ready-To-Race® model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
What You’ll Need:
- Batteries: TRX-4 accepts a wide variety of NiMH (4–7 cell) and LiPo (2s–3s) batteries.
- Charger: Traxxas EZ-Peak Live charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model #2971).
- AA Alkaline Batteries: Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.
More Details Coming Soon
Photos and specifications subject to change. Officially Licensed Product. Land Rover Trademarks used under license to Traxxas, LP. Pending licensing approval.